ASCE Foundation respects the privacy of our donors and other visitors to ASCE Foundation’s website. To protect online privacy, ASCE Foundation has implemented the following policy, which may be amended at any time by posted amendments to this page.
What Information Does ASCE Foundation Collect?
Information You Provide
There are a number of areas in the ASCE Foundation site where we ask for and collect information about you, including personally identifiable information. ASCE Foundation also collects data you provide to us in response to donor appeals, surveys, and other direct communications. Examples of this information include:
• name, address, email, telephone number
• employer information
• name of spouse or partner, if applicable
Information That Is Automatically Collected
ASCE Foundation may use automated means to collect various types of information about you and your computer or other device. Such information might include, but is not limited to:
• network or Internet protocol address
• type of browser and operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
• information about your Internet service provider
• information about the device you are using and device settings
• browser settings
• the web pages on the ASCE Foundation site you have visited
• location information
• content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on
Personal Data From Minors
ASCE Foundation does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16 without permission from a parent or guardian. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us.
How Does ASCE Foundation Use The Information It Collects?
ASCE Foundation may use the information it collects to:
1. communicate to our donors and other constituents about funding or programs supported by ASCE Foundation;
2. respond to your inquiries;
3. administer scholarships and awards;
4. support your participation in ASCE Foundation programs or activities;
5. provide and administer online forums and social networks;
6. provide technical support for your use of the ASCE Foundation site or any ASCE Foundation product or service;
7. measure and improve the utility, applicability, and overall quality of the website and its content;
8. perform aggregated data analysis of donor retention, engagement, and other trends;
9. enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of ASCE Foundation’s website, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the information.
How Will ASCE Foundation Share Or Disclose This Information?
ASCE FOUNDATION DISCLOSURES
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
ASCE Foundation does not sell, rent, or give email addresses to anyone outside of ASCE Foundation.
Other information collected by the ASCE Foundation website or other properties may be disclosed with third parties as follows:
1. To service providers that we have retained to perform business activities in support of ASCE Foundation’s operations. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; or (d) otherwise support our business operations.
2. In response to a legal request, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena, or a request from a law enforcement or government agency.
3. Disclosures to investigators, attorneys, or other third parties if, in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to investigate allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is or may be illegal or may expose us, service or content providers we work with, or you to possible legal liability.
ASCE Foundation may work with certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect and record information about your web surfing activity, including those integrated with our services. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The ASCE Foundation site contains links to other services whose information practices may be different than ours, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or other media services and platforms. Visitors should consult these other services' privacy notices, as ASCE Foundation has no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
How Does ASCE Foundation Handle And Protect Data?
This website is governed by and operated in accordance with U.S. law. Information collected or submitted outside the United States will be transferred to and processed in the United States, where ASCE Foundation’s central databases reside.
ASCE Foundation only retains personal data collected from a user for as long as the user’s account is active, or as needed for ASCE Foundation to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise required by law.
How Do I Make Changes Or Opt Out?
You can modify your communication preferences on the Preferences tab by logging into your ASCE account and profile at https://secure.asce.org/ASCEWebsite/Secure/SignIn/SignIn.aspx, which is accessible from www.asce.org.
Email subscriptions can be modified clicking on Email Preferences Management to access the Email Preferences Center on which you have the option to adjust your email subscriptions or unsubscribe from all email communications. You can also provide Personal Data Consent and Email Consent on this page.
European Union Data Rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR) provides certain rights related to data collection and usage for individuals covered under the regulation. To request information or seek other action from ASCE Foundation pursuant to those rights, please send an email to [email protected] with "GDPR Request" in the subject line. In the email please describe the specific GDPR right you are requesting assistance with.
Alternatively, you can contact ASCE Customer Service by phone at (800) 548-2723 (ASCE) or + 1 (703) 295-3000 (International).
ASCE Foundation reserves the right to seek additional information prior to taking action upon the request, or to charge a fee with respect to certain requests. Upon completion of its review, ASCE Foundation will advise you whether your request has been granted or denied, or if exemptions apply.
Updates & Effective Date